This Open Call represents a unique opportunity for one NI Artist/Maker to undertake the following:
- 1-week residency at The Wallace Collection London (by arrangement and in conjunction with Anthea McWilliams at R-Space Gallery and the staff of The Wallace Collection – see Wallace Collection)
- A solo exhibition at R-Space in April 2018 commemorating the bicentenary of the birth of Sir Richard Wallace 1818-1890. Together with an artist fee, the costs will include travel & accommodation, materials and participatory activities which will be agreed prior to contract.
Aims / Objectives:
- To provide the opportunity for a Northern Irish artist/maker to work with new approaches and techniques in response to the paintings and decorative art objects collected from around the world by Sir Richard Wallace and his predecessors, the third and fourth Marquesses of Hertford.
- To facilitate responses to the Wallace Collection and produce new commissioned signature works of art plus a series of prototype objects* that may go into production to be exhibited at R-Space Gallery and be offered for sale through the Wallace Collection Shop.
- To celebrate and promote the creativity of a Northern Irish artist/maker and help place Lisburn (central to the former Hertford Estate in Co. Antrim), more firmly on the creative and cultural map.
Proposals are sought from established artists, working in any media, who are based in Northern Ireland.
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday 25 October 2017 at 12 noon
Exhibition Dates: 7 April - 4 May 2018
Please send a one-page personal statement containing details of how you feel you are suited to this residency, and CV (no longer than one side of A4), along with 5 images of your work to Anthea McWilliams and Robert Martin via firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to 32 Castle Street, Lisburn, BT27 4XE.
*Commissioned works would remain the property of R-Space Gallery Lisburn